The reaming shell has the following main functions:
- to slightly enlarge the hole drilled to ensure that a new full gauge bit will readily follow the used and worn bit in the hole
- to stabilize the bit and core barrel
- to protect the core barrel during transportation,
- to keep the hole gauge through it the depth of the hole
- to enlarge the hole to allow the movement of cutting fluid and cuttings over the OD outside of the core barrel
In order to assume all these functions, Kobald Mining Services Ltd. offers high quality Reaming Shells assisting with preventing hole deviation and prevent premature wear of drilling tools due to vibration. It is set with natural diamonds in a wear resistant matrix for a better lifetime and performance.