For Kobald Mining Services Ltd. the design of the inner tube assembly of the core barrel is the key to the wireline system. The locking and unlocking system of the inner tube allows it to be pulled to the surface quickly for removal of the core. From our prospective, the ideal core barrel should have the following characteristics:
- The cutting edges and sampling tube should be as thin as possible, to minimize disturbance of the sample
- The core should be completely isolated from the effects of drilling action (fluids and rotation)
- The weight should be as low as possible
- The core capacity should be as large as possible
- It should be easy to operate and simple to assemble
Taking all this into account, we are pleased to offer a core barrel designed to ensure maximum productivity and core retrieval in any ground condition.